Nine9 - NOT A PLACE FOR GROWTH! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nine9

"NOT A PLACE FOR GROWTH!"

Former Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, literally anyone could do it. I was the receptionist and was doing way more than any of my co-workers. So much so, that clients STILL reach out to me from the company.
Steady paycheck
Solid hours
Small Office

Cons

Management and talent specialists don't do their job
Management will fire you at any given second without a second care
No benefits or they don't share them with you
Fake casting company...it is a scam because people are paying for a service they are NOT receiving at all and you realize this when you work there.
Bad Co-workers, everyone is stuck up with an attitude and their breath stinks
No protection. There was an incident where a guy took people under hostage and management expected you to be at work the next day.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your customers.....especially so they don't have to reach out to people outside of the company for advice. Stop giving crappy roles to your black actors/actresses...saw that happening on numerous occasions. Stop ripping off your customers. Why are they paying you over $500 for an iniation fee from someone who isn't certified to take crappy photos of them and edit them on picassa..not even photoshop and then try and selling them $800 PHOTOSHOOT PACKAGES?! I have proof. It's ridiculous.

Other Employee Reviews for Nine9

"Would not recommend"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fun co-workers, environment sometimes a lot of fun. Possibility for advancement but only so far you can go in this company

Cons

Terrible pay, poorly run, sub-par office space. Outdated computers/phones/equipment. No real leadership

"Been Here a Minute Now"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Nine9 is a fun company! Everyday is a new adventure. I have been here several years and I have say there is never a dull moment! The corporate office listens to input from all office to make a cohesive, and inviting environment to all employees. The corporate office has really worked with my schedule in regards to family emergencies and that is why I have continued to stay here for several years.

Cons

The only downside is working on some holidays. Obviously though, with this industry, you need to work on certain holidays, but it would be a nice incentive to have those days off.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to create stronger team building exercises. I know it can be difficult considering the amount of employees spread out over numerous offices, but it would be a fun idea.