Nine9 - Receptionist | Glassdoor

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I used to work for them for about 10 months. I moved because I was too far from the office so I had to leave. But they actually did a lot of really good stuff. It all honestly depends on how you look. Obviously the better looking you are the more opportunities you will get. They are not in agency at all. They are a casting company and just like any company they charge for their services. They held auditions and workshops on a weekly basis in the office and I got calls every now and then with people thanking us for getting that auditions.

Cons

The people that came in are ridiculous sometimes. They are all really confused about an agency and a casting company. I never really understood people that were 5'5 and expect to be signed with an agency and get everything done for free. If you are not 5'10 than do not expect anything to be handed to you in this industry.

The pay is minimum wage but it's a good start especially if you want to be in this industry.

The hours are long and you have to be open to working on weekends.

Advice to Management

Get your staff in on the loop of what's going on instead of just telling us the changes.

Other Employee Reviews for Nine9

"Talent Specialist"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

-Majority of people are very nice

Cons

-Misleading company about what they do
    -Work 6 days a week
    -Promoted so fast it brought questions

Advice to Management

-Be more honest with potential clients

"Easy job that is made difficult for absolute reason"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like my morning schedule

Cons

Office Directors are not great leaders, high turnover rate, unprofessional, based on "numbers" that are imaginary to the entertainment industry itself, no ones what they are doing which causes basic skills, daily routine to CHANGE EVERY OTHER HOUR, Pay is ridiculous for the amount of time you spend with people and co workers, only one day off a week....

Advice to Management

Have time management skills, be a team player, talk to coworkers with respect, leave personal business outside the office.