Nine9 - Currently a Full time Model | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nine9

"Currently a Full time Model"

Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI
Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was really cool being a part of such a warm welcoming place. I started off as a talent and starting working open calls to boost my confidence as a new face to the industry and it helped. Later I moved to NY and worked at the Nine9 office in NYC! Got some more gigs and decided since I was getting more and more it was time to give it my all. I've worked with some great people.

Cons

I can't think of any besides maybe snow days?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Nine9 Response

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for sharing your positive experience about Nine9 here on Glassdoor. We appreciate you taking the time to explain how you got started and your journey with our company. We're very lucky to have... More

Other Employee Reviews for Nine9

1. "Horrible, Unethical Company"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

I met amazing people here!
    I made good money- but then again, I couldn't sleep at night.

Cons

Nine9 is an unethical company. My training consisted of learning how to scam people and lie to them. The company truly believes that what they are doing is helping those who are trying to make it in the industry and that is sad. I am ashamed of myself for even staying with the company as long as I did. If you are considering working here, don't.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that your company is so amazing. Even casting directors laugh at your services and get annoyed by the submissions from our "talent". Try going into business to actually help people instead of just going after their money.

"An unethical and dishonest company"

Former Employee - Talent Specialist
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist

I worked at Nine9 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young, empowered women work together in a supportive space

Cons

No real schedule, manager tells you day-by-day when to come in.
    I was offered a part time job, but I was expected to be in 70 hours per week, working about 10 am to 10 pm daily.
    Saturdays are open call days, so be prepared to put in 6 days a week.
    The company engages in dishonest marketing, "recruiting talent" on social media by "casting" for movies that are already finished.
    They accept EVERYONE from open calls, THEN tells them during the second round that the clients are expected to pay for representation.
    Most of their seemingly exclusive leads can be found online without a membership. Many are community theatre groups or local fashion shows that don't pay their talent.

Advice to Management

Just be transparent! There's nothing wrong with being honest about being a pay-for-representation talent management service. Stop marketing with fake casting calls on social media, and focus on creating quality representatives instead of going for quantity.

Nine9 Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Rep. Management

Hello,

We're sorry to see that your time at Nine9 wasn't as enjoyable as we would have loved it to be. As a company that has been in business for over 15 years, we're always willing to learn and... More