Nintendo of America - Good job to pay the bills not for career potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nintendo of America

"Good job to pay the bills not for career potential"

Former Employee - Bilingual Product Specialist in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Bilingual Product Specialist in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free meals during over time. Relaxed attitude. open door policy to talk to upper management within department to address concerns. Game play (if you like that sort of thing).

Cons

Strict penny and time pincher attitude to everyday events including tardiness (one minute is late and if three occurrences pass during employment with no chance of rehire). Crass and demeaning immediate superiors.

Advice to Management

a more professional attitude at work would be nice. some immediate superiors ought to be talked to about their constant cursing and poor / negative attitude concerning work, co-workers, clients, and contractors.

Other Employee Reviews for Nintendo of America

"Consumer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Consumer Service Representative in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Consumer Service Representative in Redmond, WA

I worked at Nintendo of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Providing support for the greatest video game company ever! Talking to and helping fellow gamers was my idea of a dream job.

Cons

There is very chance of getting hired and no room to grow within the company if you do. The training is minimal for a position where you're resolving complicated technical issues. Most of the tools are made internally and do not work much of the time. This makes doing your job difficult and frustrating. You're treated with no respect by the leads or managers. The advisors are helpful but seem to be stressed out. Overall working here was a terrible experience. I found myself hating the company after working there.

Advice to Management

Respect and value the people who come to work at Nintendo. Provide opportunities for additional training and advancement. Provide feedback and ratings based on performance, not on looks or who like chatting with.

"Unhealthy and poorly managed work environments"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Nintendo of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, innovative games and products, an industry favorite, brand recognition.

Cons

Nintendo of America has become an extremely depressing and stressful place to work. The cons of working for this company far outweigh the pros. I have watched many talented and passionate employees feel the need to quit in recent months due to the overwhelming lack of fair treatment. Morale couldn't be any lower in my department and this seems to stretch across many areas of the company. One major problem with this company is the poor management structure and blatant displays of favoritism. Management decisions are based on emotion or opinion and not with the companies future in mind. There are next to zero advancement opportunities for interested and qualified individuals. NOA does not seem to value or reward the longer term employees as much as they are only interested in finding the cheapest way to have the most amount of work done. In recent months many current full time positions have been devalued and job duties have been redistributed to contracted workers who are paid less and do not receive company benefits. There are borderline illegal activities within the Consumer Service/Product Testing building and the HR department does not seem interested in helping whatsoever. Once a dream job, I can say this place has become more of a nightmare in recent months and years.

Advice to Management

For those within management that truly care to provide a fair, and healthy work environment, I'd suggest investigating some of the abusive treatment towards not only the contract workers, but more so the full time employees. When the larger majority of a department is absent on almost a weekly basis using FMLA for depression, one would think that some real change is needed up top. Please consider the lives that are being effected through the lack of concern, and lack of accountability of those in the positions of power. Also, while Nintendo is a very frugal company, please consider spending the money and providing functional tools to work with. We cannot work with constantly broken tools and continue to receive poor reviews because our work is not able to be tracked or completed properly.