No Frills Supermarkets - Deli clerk/ cashier/baker | Glassdoor

"Deli clerk/ cashier/baker"

Current Employee - Cashier in Elkhorn, NE
Current Employee - Cashier in Elkhorn, NE

I have been working at No Frills Supermarkets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the front end has very flexible hours it was great in highschool. best coworkers ever! GREAT FRIST JOB as a cashier or clerk, or if never had a job, very easy just be respect of co works. deli you get great hours. but its really not a horrible job. its a job, not a career.

Cons

the store director in elkhorn is an ass. bc when there was nothing to do, i've had to dust the walls and Cellini tiles instead of go home, or my favorite was he'd pick up things that were in wrong spots and put them on your belt and say put this back, and a few time i had to sweep the parking lot. pay was horrible. after two year working as a cashier i was making 7.50(after i threaded to leave(start 7.25)) some of the newbs got payed more then the us returning people even if the new ppl have had no previous job experience. so i moved to deli to earn an extra .50 cent raise. but i almost didnt get that bc it was such a "large" jump even thought its alot more work. because there corporate rule is everyone gets a 1% raise. as a casher dont expect may hours if your in highschool. bc they mostly need day ppl, durring the summer there were so many of us i got an average of 15 hours i wanted full time. in the deli i got full time, but with school starting i want less and its not working out to well. plus its a kitchen job so expect some burns and cuts very once and awhile. i hated bakery bc they only gave me closing shift so i stopped that. all i did was clean. and 90% of the food was frozen then baked off and frosted. only puppy chow and trail mix was homemade.

the store in elkhorn is never that busy

and idk if its going to get worse or better with the takeover by nash finch but im not staying much longer to find out

Advice to Management

if you want good people you have to pay them. to the cash office women(she was her own boss and employees), you dont work in the deli,meat, produce,grocery,bakery departments, so dont tell us how to run our jobs, and stop nagging the cashier to sell fundraiser stuff, its not required and is optional.

Other Employee Reviews for No Frills Supermarkets

1. "I love working with the public and this is pretty much why I work there. Most of the people I work with are great."

Current Employee - Assistant Front End Manager/Bakery in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Assistant Front End Manager/Bakery in Omaha, NE

Pros

Love working with public, fast paced at times, hours are flexible for most part.

Cons

The pay for the job required of you at certain levels is not good & raise = .10 a yr

Advice to Management

Learn to figure the worth of employees. Moral needs to be picked up & raises don't reflect job worth, reward.

2. "Don't work there"

Current Employee - Cashier in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at No Frills Supermarkets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lolzzzz none what so ever

Cons

the customers are rude af, the management sucks, they don't care about their employees

Advice to Management

step up your game