Noah's Bagels - A good exchange of time for money, nothing more | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Noah's Bagels

"A good exchange of time for money, nothing more"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Lafayette, CA
Current Employee - Shift Leader in Lafayette, CA

I have been working at Noah's Bagels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours, no late nights and as many or as few as you want. Good people around you, get to make lots of friends. The work itself is not hard at all, its a bagel shop.

Cons

Low pay, 1-2 dollars lower in every position compared to companies in the same shopping center. Incredibly high turnover, only worked for about a year and a half and was there longer then 98 percent of people.

Other Employee Reviews for Noah's Bagels

"Good Job for Starting Managers, Not Stable for Long Term"

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary higher than most similar companies.

Cons

EVERYONE GETS FIRED! Despite the constant encouragement from Chief Operating Officer to Run it like you own it, the middle managers are in a constant state of firing people to avoid getting fired themselves. One time four location managers got fired on the same day. Many stores go months or years without any manager at all. Best advice, work your way up to GM, prove yourself for a few months and then get out before they decide to fire you for a crazy reason.

Advice to Management

Provide pay stubs bi weekly. Pay managers for all the hours they put in outside their stores, like reading emails and taking calls from stores. Don't encourage managers to run it like they own it, tell them the truth, run it like the shareholders need instant cash.

"Years of blood sweat and tears wasted"

Former Employee - General Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Noah's Bagels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I held many titles during my 6 years with this company and being a baker was my favorite. Coming in at 2 am and being alone for a few hours just focusing on making each bagel and pastry look perfect was actually really fun. Hard work but I liked it. And the free food didn't hurt either.

Cons

Mandatory 50 hour work weeks for GMs
    No tips or holiday pay ever for staff. No incentives to offer
    Terrible training
    Nothing but negativity from district managers. No matter how well you're doing it's not good enough.
    Very high turn over rate. Pretty much everyone in corporate jumped ship while I was there
    High injury rate. Sending employees to the ER is common. I'm scarred for life from the oven and almost lost my finger tip