Nobel Learning Communities - Overall, good place to start out in educational field. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nobel Learning Communities

"Overall, good place to start out in educational field."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Friendly Staff and parents. Fun events for staff to participate in.

Cons

Low pay, Expensive benefits and reviews rarely happen.

Advice to Management

Fight for higher pay for your employees

Other Employee Reviews for Nobel Learning Communities

"Unfair treatment after telling them I was leaving."

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Shorewood, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Shorewood, IL

Pros

Working with the Children and to co-teachers for the most part are very awesome and great source of ideas and networking.

Cons

The Principal and Vice Principal have very low communication skills with the staff regarding when new children will be joining the class. At one point I got told the morning before the child started. On discovery days, I never was informed when to expect the child and parent/s. As a teacher I started as a new Infant teacher and was jostled around for about a month when they moved up the children I was helping teach, both me and the teacher that had been there for a while did not know when they were doing transitions or when the children would come back to our room, neither did we know when I would be pulled out because of low numbers or she would be sent home.

Another thing is when I did the right thing by giving them two weeks notice they began to treat me unfairly. All that I ask is that I be treated fairly with the same courtesy as any teacher that is staying that means getting my hours, not more, not less. Each day this week of my first week of my two week notice I have been sent home early. In two cases they have not had enough courage to tell me themselves my co-teacher had to come in and tell me. I have been sent home three days three hours early and one day an hour early. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow, I think numbers are low and I will be home all day, in that case I will be very upset.

Advice to Management

Open up communication, don't treat your teachers like they are replaceable at any second and you will have more continuity of staff. Encourage education by offering raises for education. Become non-corporate(I don't believe that Childcare Places should be owned by large corporations).

"Felt like a noose around my neck, my creativity, my spirit, my moral - all 4 years of working there."

Former Employee - Elementary Teacher in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Elementary Teacher in Naperville, IL

Pros

One of the principals I worked under commended me for my work.

Cons

Just everything from poor communication, lack of integrity, unfair/unequal treatment toward employees. But worst of all is that this is a business that feeds into a perception of females as persons whose roles are to give without getting back, nurture and bend over backwards, but not provide to them the pay and benefits that reflect the importance of what these women do - and certainly not treat them with respect, dignity or equal professionalism - that they lend toward the men in the company. This is a widely-held perception in the childcare industry (and for them in their elementary level as well). Unfortunately, as long as there will be women who allow this perception, these abusive industries will thrive.

Advice to Management

Allow opportunities to hear from your teachers -- they need to provide you with feedback on how the schools are doing. Because they have the real picture of whose doing their job, how the principal is handling problems, parents, staff; and other issues. The fact that you have not set up opportunities for senior management to receive feedback from teachers - says a great deal about how much you value their input.