Noble Energy - No place for minorities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Noble Energy

"No place for minorities"

Pros

Competitive salaries and benefits, good working peers.

Cons

There is a definite but unwritten rule not to hire, promote or retain minorities. A review of their staff would not only show that there is only one African American manager and not one of their African American employees, have been there for over five years. I actually made six, but after five and being promoted to a manager was literally demoted and then accused of poor performance, although the facts do not support the rhetoric. Two previous minorities that were there when I started, were released earlier.

Advice to Management

Professional maturity is required of its senior management; still bigoted and fosters a "white only" atmosphere.

Other Employee Reviews for Noble Energy

1. "One of the best experiences I have had in my career!"

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture and the opportunity to learn. I never feel as if I cannot go on vacation and when I do, I know my manager will be there to support me. The communication I have with my manager is constant and so our lines of communication are always open. This is MOST important to me particularly because my manager does not sit here.

It has also never been an issue to seek out training not offered by the company. This is important in order for me to expand my career and I couldn't be happier!

Finally, "Energizing the World, Bettering People's Lives" is Noble's motto and they stand behind it!

Cons

Technology is some what of a challenge at times.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating at all levels and Houston managers who do not visit often enough, visit more. Not an issue with my manager though!

"lots of opportunity to make things happen"

Pros

lots of management face time, fast paced, top management gives some thought about employees, financially well managed, opportunity for advancement as company grows

Cons

IT very inefficient and can make getting work done frustrating. But, management would rather put money into employee bomuses than top notch IT

Advice to Management

watch out for brewing turf wars between biz units