Noble Energy - Very inefficient processes and procedures. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Noble Energy

"Very inefficient processes and procedures."

Former Employee - Land Administrative Analyst in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Land Administrative Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Noble Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Noble has high salaries and decent benefits. They also paid for parking. At Noble you work 9 hour days and half day every Friday. Noble is a great company, but unfortunately my department had arrogant supervisors that treated employees poorly.

Cons

Some supervisors were borderline verbally abusive. If you are not chosen as their "favorite" you will not be given any opportunity to succeed or lead projects. Noble has extremely inefficient procedures. You need to get ALL your work double/triple checked and approved, often by lower level inexperienced Analysts. They have created a culture of covering your own butt. Very slow processes and some inexperienced individuals make for a huge headache. The supervisors are extreme micro- managers. Many people on the team had poor morale. The CSB building looks and feels like a prison on the inside, no pictures, or art, just white walls and prison guard supervisors. Noble has a lot of talent, few are given encouragement and the opportunity to succeed. Many people keep their head down and fly under the radar and they only stay for the high salary. I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did if it wasn't for the high salary, but in the end my dignity and happiness prevailed. I always had extremely high performance evaluations, which was surprising considering the poor treatment I received from my supervisor. It was a very toxic work environment in my department.

Advice to Management

Noble hires great talented people that need to be encouraged and mentored. Get rid of bully supervisors!

Other Employee Reviews for Noble Energy

"OK to work for. Needs some better planning and organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Noble Energy full-time

Pros

Money, nice facilities, professional atmosphere

Cons

Huge contract force does all the work. Employees who do the work and have the knowledge are passed over for illogical reasons.

Advice to Management

Change the culture where the work is done by real employees (not just contractors). And reward the employee's with growth and promotions because of the quality and effort put into the work. Avoid promoting people to key positions that don't have the experience or skills relative to their organization.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Noble Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, with strong core values and mission. The company is forward thinking in terms of business and personal. Cares tremendously about personal growth.

Cons

I live outside of Houston, so my commute is awful. It takes 45- 1.5 hours one way.

Advice to Management

Offer more classes/courses about industry for lower entry positions.