Noon Mediterranean - bittersweet without the sweet | Glassdoor

"bittersweet without the sweet"

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Noon Mediterranean full-time

Pros

The people I work with are amazing. My crew makes the difference. The guest are loyal. Decent christmas parties

Cons

Im not sure where to even start. This company has become a joke except I am not laughing anymore. I work so hard to follow new roll-out, mentor my team, take extremely harsh criticism from my Area manager and yet I feel defeated at the end of the day. I spend half my week working intense hours with little help and ridiculous demands. An hour to open with more things that require more then an hour. Expect to also... work on your day off, were asked to work on days off and make up the hrs by leaving early on one of the days were required to work 13 plus hrs. When you're short staffed you're also required to work and own your restaurant. When do we sleep? Whenever we have time. The mission statement has become a joke and I don't believe corporate understands how upset many people working for Verts are. Recently the Director quit because there was no quality or work/life balance. Its so sad to see so many rockstar managers, crew, and office people quit. I have worked for this company for a while and what I was promised has been nothing but disappointment. We are asked to do surveys that are not anonymous like promised. I can't even talk or give recommendations because ideas are shot down. I turned down three other career paths because I believed in this company and its defeating they don't believe in me or other GMS. This company no longer makes me feel safe or like Im working towards anything. Recent area managers have applied for new positions and have been shot down, as well as GMs not even being able to further their career here. They also reply to these reviews with copy/paste responses from someone that NO other GMs have even meet!!!! What??? I think that the only good thing that has come from working here are the people I have met that I will always be here for. I have never worked for a company so heartless towards employees or GMs. I pray this company changes because Id like to work for the company I was promised when I interviewed.

Advice to Management

maybe you should care about the people you have instead of the fur coats in your closet

Noon Mediterranean2016-04-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fun Environement"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

-Small company -Some great people -Positive work environment -Fun

Cons

-Small company -Wear many hats -Take on a lot of responsibility

Noon Mediterranean2018-11-14
  2. "Very bad"

I worked at Noon Mediterranean

Pros

It paid 10 per hour

Cons

Unorganized, too small, went bankrupt

Noon Mediterranean2019-05-29

Discover more reviews about Noon Mediterranean.