Nor1 - Clouded innovation but a great family setting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nor1

"Clouded innovation but a great family setting"

Current Employee - Revenue Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Revenue Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Statistical analysis = very impressive but value proposition = cloudy. No one in the hotel industry does what they do. Analytics could be useful but very hard to grasp amongst hoteliers but that's what you usually face when dealing with hotels as customers. Location is very easy to get to and convenient with amenities. It's not Google perks but it's good enough for what they offer.

Cons

It's literally a family setting. I did not know I will be working for someone's mom, husband, daughter, wife, or however else these people are related. I guess nepotism is tolerated and encouraged. You know what they say about six degrees of separation, this company is more like six cubicles of separation. Is this possible? Is it even legal? It unethical but I don't think senior management really cares. There are a lot of favoritisms here especially with senior management. Everyone is either a Director or a VP. Bizarre. I think the only person without this kind of title is the person who refills the coffee every morning. Maybe I'll stick around and become VP in a few months.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone? Management is in too deep with giving away so many titles. It makes you think you work for a bank where they give VP titles to everyone above a supervisor level.

Other Employee Reviews for Nor1

"Not a good place to work; management team is inept and inexperience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Great location in Plug N Play area where you can meet other companies; better than working at hotels

Cons

Everyone walks around looking busy and doing busy work but there's no progress. Product management team is led by a so-called veteran at Micros but hasn't offered any good ideas. My boss who leads the Account Management team has a heavy Asian accent and does not listen to recommendations and suggestions. He does not manage people very well and I think he's never done this before. I don't know why he is in the website as a VP. This company is all about appearance and how you look like coming in to work. If you are noticed to be not in your cube may times, you are regarded as a non-productive worker even though you just received accolades from others about your hard work. Weird mentality but that's how it is over here.

Advice to Management

Look at your management staff and cut them loose. They have no experience and were only promoted because you felt compelled to give them titles for being there so long. This company will go down in flames and management will be the ones leading you down.

"The most important company you haven't heard of."

I have been working at Nor1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people. Great business. Giving leadership.

Cons

So much to do, so little time.