Nordstrom - Overall A Great Company to Work For! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

"Overall A Great Company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nordstrom is a great place to work if you're interested in retail, fashion, sales or customer service. It's really unlike any other department store since it offers customers lots of options at every price range. You get to meet tons of interesting people with different personalities so if you're an outgoing social person you will thrive. It can be a fun work environment and your work/life balance is great because you don't have to take "work home" too often.

Cons

The system of Nordstrom's return policy for merchandise is much too lenient and when it affects your paycheck, it makes everyone from your co-workers to your managers stressed and unhappy.

Advice to Management

In order to keep your customers happy you don't have to take back every piece or worn merchandise...in a commission based company like Nordstrom (in sales) this is the equivalent of stealing from your own employees since returned items go against the original selling employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom

1. "okay, not a "real job""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at Nordstrom part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice environment, flexible schedule, great for college

Cons

low pay, poor commission structure

2. "A little boring, poor management"

Former Employee - Salesperson in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Salesperson in Tigard, OR

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a cafe inside most of the stores. You get a discount on all merchandise and food.

Cons

Long hours. Commission environment is not good for all. I never made any real money here but some people do. I think this depends on the store location and what department you are working in. My department was very slow and I basically had very little variety in customer base.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have experience! Preferably those who have gone through the leadership program and have been an assistant for awhile. It's frustrating when the sales team can do a better job than our manager.