Nordstrom - Learned great skills on how to make coffee at the ebar! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

"Learned great skills on how to make coffee at the ebar!"

Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at Nordies is the cultural environment and the exposure to high fashion and retail. Everyone at Nordies is very fashionable and stylish. Its a cool place to work if you need a side job and if you need sales experience it helps too.

Cons

The pay could be better. I know the top executives of Nordstrom are making big money but the low end baristas are making only a little bit above minimum wage. nordies could offer better wages and salaries and benefits.

Advice to Management

Upper management should think about raising the wages for baristas and everyone else that works hard in inventory, stock, and maintenance. We work the hardest. Viva la raza~!

Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom

1. "1 year of commissioned sales in Lingerie."

Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made as much as I wanted. I got 9% of everything I sold. Sometimes my paychecks (every 2 weeks) were as much as $2500 for about 35 hours a week but they were also as low as $900. If you work hard, you can make a decent living at this job. Just be sure to build a customer base and always write thank you's!

Cons

Income wasn't consistent and depended on seasons. Long, tiring shifts what were very exhausting.

Advice to Management

A good manager makes or breaks the experience. If a team is complaining about a manager--do something about it. Employees want their opinions to count.

2. "sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Nordstrom part-time

Pros

The store is busy so you can do well in commission but it depends on the department you work in. Work in the departments that offer %10 commission

Cons

The hours for retail are not good. Weekends, nights and holidays which are not good. Long hours standing. It is a good job for part time but not for full time