Nordstrom - Such an amazing company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nordstrom

"Such an amazing company!"

Current Intern - Nordstrom Merchandising Group in Seattle, WA
Current Intern - Nordstrom Merchandising Group in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Nordstrom as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

I could write about Nordstrom for days.. But in short, the company culture is awesome, the people are all very friendly and welcoming (especially to new employeees), the leadership is always motivating and there are always opportunities for you to grow in the company.

Cons

Well it is retail.. meaning it requires a lot of hours. But the pros definitely outweigh the cons because you are surrounded with great people and each day is different!

Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom

1. "Great company to work for with good values"

Former Intern - Retail Management Intern
    Former Intern - Retail Management Intern

I worked at Nordstrom as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Nordstrom I learned a lot about several different designers and was able to improve my selling abilities. I enjoyed working in a commission based environment- you actually make more money than if they pay were set hourly. Interns can get a job as assistant manager straight out of the program.

Cons

Taking time off is difficult, and hours are not consistent. Difficult to move up in the company unless you are mobile and eventually want to move to Seattle. As an intern, it was a very different experience than what I was expecting. You are mainly working on the floor selling, and management did not have me shadowing them as much as I would have liked.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nordstrom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customer service training, great people, great company.

Cons

Should treat employees better. If you have such high levels of expectations for your employees to treat customers with the best possible customer service then you should return the favor. Moral is not the best internally here.

Advice to Management

Remeber where you came from. Treat everyone with respect and acknowledge that your employees are a valuable asset to your team and to the company.