Nordstrom - Eh | Glassdoor

"Eh"

Current Employee - Barista in Aventura, FL
Current Employee - Barista in Aventura, FL

I have been working at Nordstrom part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401k, dental plan, and health plan.

Cons

If you worked at the one I have then you will regret ever working here. Lazy assistants that take 20 minute bathroom brakes, employees will be taking there time to prep when really busy, and working by yourself on bar when busy with 8+ drinks by yourself multiple times. Worst of all manager wouldl fail to see this because he would leave early everyday. All that matters is the amount of money being made. And every body talks about each other and complains about work. Terrible scheduling.

Advice to Management

Take time to see what goes around with your team.

Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom

"HORRIBLE..Some Reviews Seem To Be Fake!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Nordstrom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly there aren't any pros!!! Lets see, 20% Discount at the food cafe, coffee bistro bar and reduced Items. They do offer benefits.

Cons

6.5% General Commission and only $9.00 a hour in 2014!!!! RUN FAST!!!! It's impossible to bank a commission check especially in low traffic stores unless you work in high end shoes. Nordstrom has no return policy so any returns will be deducted out of your commissions. It's really a hot mess at Nordstrom. All the employees are fake kissing up to customers just to make a sale. If you choose retail, go to a company that doesn't rate you on sales per hour and ridiculous sales goals. It's 2014, folks are shopping online and discount chains like Ross, Marshalls, Burlington, TJMaxx, etc. For GOD sakes this company also wants you to ask every customer to sign up for "Nordstrom Rewards" which is a darn credit card! I got hired thinking it was a loyal customer card like grocery and pharmacies have. Who's signing up for credit cards in this economy? They even have goals set for how many credit cards each store and employees open. I pray I get out of Nordstrom fast!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop with all the fake, stuck up attitudes! It seems as if most department managers at my store act as if they are so grand and high above the sales associates.

2. "Best Retail Place to work from experience"

Former Employee - Sales Person
    Former Employee - Sales Person

I worked at Nordstrom full-time

Pros

You can actually make money if you are good at selling, you have access to great discounts at a place you typically could not always shop at, you make some good friends, there is upward mobility.

Cons

It's retail, you work weekends, deal with rude customers, and are on your feet all day.

Advice to Management

Don't take your employees sales. It's rude.