Employee Review

Former Employee

Fun job pre-covid

May 20, 2021 - N/A in Wellington, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talking to a lot of different people and getting to help them feel there best. Good pay and breaks required.

Cons

Standing on your feet for long hours, competitive work environment between sales staff.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it!

Sep 23, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great environment if you love fashion

Cons

Retail hours, working holidays, working evenings

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor management and accusations

Sep 22, 2021 - Service Experience in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love my co workers. Employee Shop at Last Chance (in Phoenix, AZ only) were the best! I got well priced designer items. Very inclusive. Scheduled in advanced for those who need advanced schedules/scheduling.

Cons

No growth opportunities. One sided management. Poor training. At my location, employees were accused of every little thing and had to show "proof" of many things. Micro Management/ Managers. It's hard to share ideas. Employees are not given the support they need. Super low wage compared to many other places that are hiring. I also bought some diamond earrings and necklaces during my employment at Nordstrom, turned out they were not real diamonds and they were pricing and advertising as if they were. Not very organized, especially during holiday season. Managers don't really help out employees if they ask for help. It takes awhile to settle for a conclusion. AND if you work with commission (rack stores don't have commission, but Full Line /Nordstrom has), let's say someone buys a pair of jeans through you. You get commission for it. it shows up on your paycheck, yay, right? Oh no, if the customer decides to return that same pair a month later, 7 months later, a year later, etc, Nordstrom removes that commission from your next paycheck. Beware since they have a bit of a lower standard for returns/exchanges for costumers.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Nordstrom.