Nordstrom Rack - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Current Employee - Service Experience in Peoria, AZ
Current Employee - Service Experience in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with schedules, good paying retail company, discounts are not as good, work with great people.

Cons

No downsides for me, as a nursing student with a hectic school schedule, I have not had issues being provided days off to accommodate my school schedule.

Other Employee Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

1. "Nordstrom is not the same it use to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Schedule Flexibility
    - Decent Pay
    - Good Benefits
    - Friendly Co-workers

Cons

- Lack of training by management( they show you the basics and expect the salespeople to train you)
    - Unrealistic goals(new account, customer emails, mobile ringing, cleaning, engaging in customers, training new coworkers,sales per hour)
    - Favoritism (the workers who are lazy and lie get more preference from management then hard workers by doing no work and just opening accounts and getting emails). It really makes the work environment suffer.
    - Moving ahead is a personality contest, it doesn't matter how qualified you are as long as you're pushy and the mangers like you. Worked for the company over 10 years as management also I have only seen fair hiring or promoting 30% of the time. Your success is limited to your manager at the time.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't care as shown by unrealistic goals and favoritism. Lower management rarely has more than a few months experience and most the times doesn't listen to employee concerns, makes the workplace an over stressed environment, not at all what they used to be. Spend the time to train new employees, not just show them around. Be more fair and consistent in your promoting.

"Mostly busy and fun"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nordstrom Rack part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love my fellow team members. Fast paced.

Cons

They promote from within IF YOU ARE MOBILE... you have to be able to move where ever they want you to go. Really depends on your manager. Most info on how to move up and what you need to do comes from your manager.