Norsk Hydro - Head of Sales | Glassdoor

"Head of Sales"

I worked at Norsk Hydro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values and nordic management style. Financial strenght

Cons

Complex matrix organization. Too much politics. Disconection between management and customers

Other Employee Reviews for Norsk Hydro

1. "Company Description"

I have been working at Norsk Hydro full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hydro is a global supplier of aluminium with activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite extraction to the production of rolled and extruded aluminium products and building systems. Based in Norway, the company employs 23,000 people in more than 40 countries. Rooted in a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.

Within North America, Hydro provides aluminum solutions including supply sourcing, extrusion, finishing, and fabrication of components, as well as engineering and contract manufacturing services, for a variety of industries. Our North America network consists of casthouse/remelt, extrusion, drawn tubing, fabrication, finishing and contract manufacturing facilities that span from the East Coast to Mexico.

Hydro is a values based business. By using our values of courage, respect, cooperation, determination and foresight to guide our business, we ensure that our businesses create shared economic and social value for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders and host communities.

Cons

Head office is moving again.

2. "An ever changing experience."

Pros

It is an opportunity to work for a global company with strong values. It is an industry owner that builds the organization on the foundation of safety for the employees.

Cons

Up side is there is continual change within the organization and leadership. This forces the focus to be more short term, rather than long term.

Advice to Management

Invest more into long term investment and look for stable growth.