North Central Health Care - Love my job, my supervisors support is lacking | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for North Central Health Care

"Love my job, my supervisors support is lacking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of others, most of the supervisors are wonderful. Great coworkers, we are a family.
Good medical insurance with a Health reimbursement account

Cons

HR does not back up the employees
Have taken away alot of benefits recently
Upper management says they want to keep employees informed but are very selective in what they actually tell you leaving employees to not trust them
There have been alot of jobs eliminated, and people are on edge each day not knowing if it is your last day.
They seem to eliminate positions of people who use the insurance
The CEO does not seem to care about the clients that loose support as programs are cut nor about employees..all just a number.

Advice to Management

Be honest to employees, employees are stressed as they do not know if their job will be eliminated & do not trust upper management. Show compassion too empolyees & clients. Set up a system for reviews where you are reviewed by your co-workers also, for more accurate reviews. Alot of supervisors do not have alot of contact with their employees & thus cannot fairly review.

North Central Health Care Response

Dec 30, 2015 – Senior Executive - Human Resources

Thank you for the review, 2011 was a long time ago and certainly was a challenging time for Wisconsin and the national economy as a whole. We have more recently been afforded the opportunity to... More

Other Employee Reviews for North Central Health Care

"Negative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Pros

A lot of opportunities for jobs in many different fields to help those in need.

Cons

Management is not fair or honest in dealing with employees.

Advice to Management

Improve the financial and working conditions of the facility.

North Central Health Care Response

Dec 30, 2015 – Senior Executive - Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. North Central Health Care truly can provide a career of opportunities for an individual to grow and develop in many different care areas. There are always opportunities... More

2. "Professional"

I have been working at North Central Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been an NCHC employee for 30 years. There have been ups and downs as with any large health care agency, however, I have never been prouder to say I am a member of the NCHC team!!! Yes, people leave...sometimes disgruntled. It happens everywhere and is typically people who don't or won't think of change as a good thing. Being "stuck" in practices is the worst thing that could happen, especially for the people served...they deserve the newest and best practices available to them. That takes continous change!!
    Yes, people are expected to "pull their weight", but I have never experienced anything but support from management to meet expectations. There has to be accountability or the agency wouldn't survive financially.

Cons

None I can think of...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and NCHC moving in the right direction! There are more positive, committed and engaged employees behind you then the few negative ones that have made the appropriate choice to leave.