North Central Mental Health Services - Make it here, and you'll make it anywhere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for North Central Mental Health Services

"Make it here, and you'll make it anywhere."

Current Employee - Case Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

NCMHS has a terrific reputation for the services delivered. Highly qualified, dedicated people head up the treatment teams. This is the place to learn how to excel at delivering social services.

Cons

The job brings 60 hours per week of responsibilities. Unlicensed employees get 40 hours per week to do them in. Employees who don't meet productivity expectations are on the sidewalk fast. Those vacation days you were promised? If you aren't meeting productivity, you can forget about them. Those electronic hand-readers by the doorway? They aren't for security. They're to make sure that unlicensed employees don't spend one second more or one second less than exactly forty hours per week on the job.

Folks do find ways to meet productivity honestly and ethically. You will want to start looking for help and advice on how to do that from the minute you start.

Advice to Management

Requiring notes to be turned in at the end of every day, and electronic sign-in hurts employee morale more than monthly employee potlucks can build it.

Other Employee Reviews for North Central Mental Health Services

1. "Good Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at North Central Mental Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, good manager (on the team I worked on), great learning experience.

Cons

Negative atmosphere, high turnover, low pay.

Advice to Management

It was a great experience for me, since I was not in it for the money. However, with the client's that we work with and the stress that is involved, I saw MANY people come in and out, just over the year and a half that I worked. The low pay and high productivity standards were a lethal combination for people leaving. I don't think it's specific to NCMHS, but something needs to happen in community mental health sector to help encourage people to stay/build careers in it. Case managers who only work for 3 months can't build rapport with clients...and client's begin to put up walls because of this. At the end of the day, it's about the consumer and how we can help them. I believe we still have a long way to go!

Prayers to NCMHS for a future of stability with case managers and counselors.

"It all seemed great at first...."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH

I worked at North Central Mental Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping the Clients in the community.

Cons

Poor Management. Social Workers oversee the nurses that go out and do home visits/work in the clinic. It makes zero sense at all.A Social Worker has zero clue or understanding a nurses job & the liability that comes along with being a nurse.....

Advice to Management

Get a Director of Nursing & create an actual nursing dept.