North Florida Regional Medical Center - A chance to do personally rewarding work helping others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for North Florida Regional Medical Center

"A chance to do personally rewarding work helping others."

Current Employee - Staff RN in Gainesville, FL
Current Employee - Staff RN in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Helping others is rewarding, co-workers are great, flexible scheduling, good benefits.

Cons

Recently, although the company is doing quite well (HCA made over a billion last year alone) annual raises have been poor. Compensation in general, due to the proximity of several local nursing programs and a steady supply of new nurses each year, is lower than state and national averages. No state income tax helps, but a higher rate of pay would be nice.

Advice to Management

Treat senior nurses (5+ years of service) with more respect, autonomy and opportunities for advancement. Make promotion decisions based on qualifications, not preference of administration.

Other Employee Reviews for North Florida Regional Medical Center

1. "Promises Promises"

Current Employee - RN in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - RN in Gainesville, FL

Pros

I had been out of nursing several years. When I re-entered my field, N.FL was more than willing to hire me and to give any/all clinical review that I needed.

Cons

They made alot of promises. I was hired at a GN Rate, even though I had 15+ years of experience; I was told once I completed their orientation and showed 'what I could do" that I would have a review of salary, (I figured approx 6mos) I have received my 'yearly' review, along with everyone else. I did get a minimal increase, ($0.60/hr); I am making about the same amt of money as new grads that I have been training...I am quite upset about this and have began the process of looking for another position elsewhere. (which I am Not looking forward to doing, because I do like where I work!!!!)

Advice to Management

I would think that nurses hired would be paid based on years of experience.

2. "fair, albeit, scathing review"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Gainesville, FL

Pros

the hospital earnestly attempts to remain in the forefront of health care, but it seems it falls short due to a general lack of caring from staff. the staff does however exude more of a family atmosphere than i have seen at other places. the physicians have an excellent rapport with the staff and are very approachable

Cons

the sheer lack of career advancement opportunities render it somewhat of a poor place for fresh graduates to apply for work. however - management is always open to new ideas and change. in effect, you may help develop new policies and procedures, and be recognized for it - but that no means will be reflected in your annual.... which can be very disheartening at times.

Advice to Management

allow others to grow. support them. give them opportunities to improve and aide in change. this is NOT a serice industry. its health care. maybe others have an idea that can help patients. hear them out.