North Island Credit Union - North Island Credit Union is a joke! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for North Island Credit Union

"North Island Credit Union is a joke!"

Former Employee - Msr in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Msr in San Diego, CA

I worked at North Island Credit Union part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a Credit Union, that's about it!

Cons

Most of the employees are rude and don't deserve jobs in customer service. If you're unhappy QUIT! Obviously, the employees are a reflection of their management. What does that say for a company?

Advice to Management

Please please please replace 95% of your employees with people who will appreciate their job. Offer a customer service training class.

Other Employee Reviews for North Island Credit Union

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

They are not the largest employer so career advancement is somewhat limited but they care about their employees and do their best to do right by them.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities due to size of company

Advice to Management

I think you guys did a great job and when i was laid off I appreciated that you cared.

2. "Bright Future"

I have been working at North Island Credit Union full-time

Pros

I have been an employee of North Island for over 11 years. During this time, I’ve worked directly for management of all levels in different departments, worked under the leadership of several different executives, and now 3 separate Chief Executive Officers. As anyone can see, I have a wide view of how this financial institution was and is being managed. In all my years working for this company, there has never been a better atmosphere, been more financially viable, or better managed from an executive level then today. In the past, being able to move up professionally was not based on merit, but was decided on who you are friends with, which for good employees, created a frustrating work environment. I believe this is evident by the past performance, and near demise, of this credit union. It is further evident by today’s financial results, stemming from happy and motivated employees (because they are thriving and most importantly being recognized and in some cases promoted for their achievements). Since our new CEO and executives have arrived, I have NOT been promoted but my contributions are recognized and I feel appreciated from every level below and above me. The reason I emphasize “NOT” being promoted should not be viewed as a gripe, but to show that my reflection of this company is unbiased and solely motivated by working at a company that I am proud to call my work home. The success of any company starts at the top, by the executive and board leadership. Their leadership trickles down to the employees who are ultimately the face of the company. I’m a proud face of this company because I want to work hard for my manager, our executives, and our board. Without these leadership components being successful, I would not be successful, as attitude reflects leadership. Finally, I often say that true leadership is not a title given but a duty that is naturally designated to an individual or group. I believe that our leadership team has earned this designation and we have a bright future ahead of us.

Cons

Changes have been made and more are coming... just wish the changes could happen a little faster. But, I realize changes take time.