North Shore-LIJ Health System - Union | Glassdoor

North Shore-LIJ Health System is now known as Northwell Health. We at Northwell Health have the power to transform small actions into something life changing. We’re a team united by one core purpose — to deliver world-class service and patient-centered care. Explore more now.

"Union"

Current Employee - Ward Clerk in Plainview, NY
Current Employee - Ward Clerk in Plainview, NY

I have been working at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

many opportunity's, able to move up within,

Cons

Competitive, security, tough days are really tough

Advice to Management

Other Employee Reviews for North Shore-LIJ Health System

"I would not want to ever work there again"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location in the city. Easy commute. Located steps from the subway on the East Side. Good benefits. No issues with work/life balance.

Cons

Upper mgmt did not treat people well. Especially women - was a total "boy's club". Even after I left, I found out that Sr. Mgmt were unethically and illegally trying to prevent people (mostly women) from finding work elsewhere for no reason other than spite. I know of one woman who had to bring a lawyer into the situation to prevent upper mgmt from slandering her, even though she left her employment at Lenox Hill with a glowing HR record.

"It's been an interesting experience that will be a valuable stepping stone during the start of ,y nursing career."

Current Employee - Labor and Delivery RN in Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Labor and Delivery RN in Forest Hills, NY

I have been working at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Flex time (12 hour shifts) provides needed time off when balancing family and work.

Cons

Due to short staffing on our unit unable to be approved for my accrued time off on multiple instances.

Advice to Management

Review the employees track record and value great staff that brings positive reviews via Press Ganey scores by providing the accrued time off. This will ensure the staff does not get burned out and can continue to perform at a superb level to satisfy patients. Work life balance is also key to retaining staff who performs well.