North Shore-LIJ Health System - Eh, it is what it is | Glassdoor

North Shore-LIJ Health System is now known as Northwell Health. We at Northwell Health have the power to transform small actions into something life changing. We’re a team united by one core purpose — to deliver world-class service and patient-centered care. Explore more now.

"Eh, it is what it is"

I have been working at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty secure. Good benefits and time off. Beats working in the city, if you live on Long Island. It's the largest employer on the Island, and you could certainly do far worse. The new health insurance plan they're launching will likely benefit us. Uh...free coffee?

Cons

Salaries are generally frozen. The benefits and rewards for higher-level folks far exceeds your own. But you probably guessed that. Not a "hip" place, if you're looking for that. Imagine working on Long Island. There you go.

Advice to Management

How about more raises?

Other Employee Reviews for North Shore-LIJ Health System

"It has been a really great experience"

Current Employee - Secretary in Valley Stream, NY
    Current Employee - Secretary in Valley Stream, NY

Pros

System is great, you always have room to advance and they always have classes to help you improve in your career. Just keep trying to move up.

Cons

Do not apply to a position that is not union. You will be stuck there until they are ready to let you go. Also, find a position where you can be recognized for your hard work.

2. "My experience at North Shore LIJ has been extremely positive."

Current Employee - Research Assistant in New Hyde Park, NY
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in New Hyde Park, NY

I have been working at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The health system is expanding more and more everyday. There are many opportunities for growth and to further one's own education.

Cons

One con is that the HR process for hiring is very long and has some disconnects. I was not aware of all of the requirements I had to complete after I was hired before I could start working until the last minute.