North Shore-LIJ Health System - Former Employee/ Agency/ Contract | Glassdoor

North Shore-LIJ Health System is now known as Northwell Health. We at Northwell Health have the power to transform small actions into something life changing. We’re a team united by one core purpose — to deliver world-class service and patient-centered care. Explore more now.

There are newer employer reviews for North Shore-LIJ Health System

"Former Employee/ Agency/ Contract"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at North Shore-LIJ Health System as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Lenox Hill is part of the larger NSLIJ system so there are hundreds of different opportunities available at any given time. The hospital is updated and clean with a very easy commute.

Cons

I worked there for a year and still to this day do not know what the culture of this hospital is, but I felt like it was every man for himself. I could never really feel comfortable because for the most part I didnt feel welcome.

Advice to Management

Teach all staff how to treat any outsider that comes to work for your organization...make them feel welcome or you could loose a potential loyal/long time employee.

Other Employee Reviews for North Shore-LIJ Health System

1. "Overall a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Great Neck, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move around within the company.

Cons

Since it's such a large company, there is a lot of "red tape" which makes a lot of the administrative processes too slow.

"Stay away from the OCIO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at North Shore-LIJ Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, health insurance, work life balance

Cons

Unless you're a health professional (MD,RN, MPH, etc), there's no room for growth. This is a cut-throat environment. Managerial bullying is encouraged.

Wanna change the world by improving healthcare? go somewhere else. There's so much room for improvement but it's a stale corporate-america culture where mediocre performance is the norm.

You'll shine for as long as you go along with whatever management says. There's no room for stellar performance, common sense or critical thinking.

If you thrive in bureaucracy, you're in the right place. It is somewhere between the DMV and social services.

Advice to Management

This place needs to take a serious look at their culture.