Northern Air Cargo - Solid company, thoughtful leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northern Air Cargo

"Solid company, thoughtful leadership"

Former Employee - Publications Assistant in Anchorage, AK
Former Employee - Publications Assistant in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Challenging, vibrant work environment. Lots of super smart people who are very helpful when you have questions. Great benefits. Ethical senior management from my experience.

Cons

There are always quirky personalities any work place. But really I can think of no other cons. I enjoyed my time there immensely.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees - doing the right thing really does make a huge difference. Even when times are hard, or especially when they are.

Other Employee Reviews for Northern Air Cargo

1. "Decent place, it's not the best company out there but it's not the worst either."

I have been working at Northern Air Cargo full-time

Pros

Overall good place to work. People are friendly and seem satisfied to work here. The company is not struggling.

Decent benefits - 401k is 100% match up to 3% and then 50% match 2% after that.
    Healthcare - Low deductible plan or HDHP plan with HSA. They'll match a certain amount that you contribute into your health savings account to east the high deductible.
    Vacation is 2 weeks starting, 3 during 2-5 years, and 4 weeks at 6+ years.
    Standby tickets on Alaska Air and other Alaska based airlines but you must get prior approval a few weeks in advance.
    Tuition reimbursement of 75% including fees if the classes pertain to any job at NAC whatsoever.
    Other Misc benefits - $200 yr for gym membership, AT&T discount, free dome access, 75% discount shipping with fedex from anchorage intl. facility only.

Cons

Downsides, well NAC has been owned by parent company Saltchuck for at least 5 years or so but ever since they also acquired Aloha Air Cargo and Strat Air, the people at NAC feel like they've been put on the back burner and also the company is extremely top heavy now. NAC management now manages much of the other companies too and most of NACs hard work and resources (airplanes) now go to them.

Pay is slightly below industry standard.

Also, the 737-200 fleet is getting very very old and the employees don't have confidence that management has a plan to replace them, especially for the Alaska flying.

Advice to Management

Don't forget your roots, this is an Alaska based company! Do we really need more management around here? Employees are starting to loose faith.

2. "Maintenance Controller"

Former Employee - Maintenance Controller in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Controller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Northern Air Cargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Honest, respect no problem working with other races and religion Hardworking taking Ownership never say no, team worker, meet target with Compliance.

Cons

Compliance with Laws, Rules and Regulations at all time assured Aircraft Airworthiness, life and safety of the pilots and Passengers is PARAMOUNT.

Advice to Management

A Golden chance and opportunity for me to be part of your great team and to prove myself will not let you all down.