Northern Business Machines - Good people, tough market. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northern Business Machines

"Good people, tough market."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

As a sales rep, you get a lot of freedom to come and go as you please. Great earning potentials based on commission structure.

Cons

Protected territories mean nothing to upper management. They are just interested in getting the sale as opposed to having integrity. It is also tough to get into the doors of a lot of company as there is a pretty high rate of loyalty amongst potential clients towards their current vendors. Managers tend to make most of the money working off of referrals.

Other Employee Reviews for Northern Business Machines

1. "Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Northern Business Machines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great incentives (trips, prizes, technology) from both the company and manufacturers. VP of Sales is a great mentor and accessible for questions and coaching. Hours are flexible (no feeling of being babysat). Good team atmosphere and friendly work environment. Company is well-respected in the industry and amongst customers. Rewards are great if you work hard and perform.

Cons

Highly competitive industry in this area

"If I could give this company negative stars I would"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

Nothing. This company is terrible through and through

Cons

Everything. The work environment at NBM is toxic, the upper level management tears down every employee. They cuss at employees (using very inappropriate and offensive verbiage), yell, threaten, call employees names, tell them they mean nothing to them, it's a very verbally abusive atmosphere. I'm surprised they haven't had more law suits for verbal abuse and harassment in the work place. That is when they bother to show up to work at all, usually they're out on the golf course. They also make false promises on money, so if you're trying to base your lifestyle off your income this place will not be able to deliver for you. I had by far the worst experience I've ever had here and I caution you to please consider going elsewhere. No one deserves to be treated the way they treat employees here.

Advice to Management

Learn kindness.