Northern Quest Resort & Casino - I had won 1000 at a golf tourney and only received 500 dollars | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northern Quest Resort & Casino

"I had won 1000 at a golf tourney and only received 500 dollars"

Current Contractor - Golfer in Spokane, WA
Current Contractor - Golfer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northern Quest Resort & Casino as a contractor

Pros

Tight crappy bonuses even on large bets

Cons

Disshonest gambling. Felt like bait and switch.

Advice to Management

Give people what they win.

Other Employee Reviews for Northern Quest Resort & Casino

1. "Maintenance Supervisor"

Current Employee - Dayshift Maintenance Supervisor in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Dayshift Maintenance Supervisor in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northern Quest Resort & Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture and benefits are phenomenal. My supervisor encourages me to take care of my family in any aspect that is necessary. The vacation and sick leave benefits are the best in the region.

Cons

The facility is 24-7-365 so weekends off are not normal, but we always work around it or get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Find ways to process those people out who do not deserve to be there, or won't conform to the culture that is what makes NQ what it is.

2. "K Wash Supervisor"

Former Employee - Laundry Supervisor in Airway Heights, WA
    Former Employee - Laundry Supervisor in Airway Heights, WA

I worked at Northern Quest Resort & Casino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

growing clientele, future employment prospect.

Cons

Not a good place to work if you want true "equal opportunity employment". Tribal members are treated with kid gloves and allowed to repeat serious activities including assault and continued threats that no-Indians are promptly dismissed for committing. There is a very definite discrimination against all non-"Natives". The management is aware of such activities and hires managers that lie to get their job then promote them to higher positions. These same managers treat different employees differently and promote favoritism. These same managers even bring in beer and pizza to staff while working! The building is substandard, and experienced a fire due to oily rags not being properly stored. Non-Indian turn-over is extreme by any metric and the inability to discipline or otherwise address issues as a supervisor involving native employees is met with a deaf ear and upper manage then recommends the supervisors attend training, as if all the issues are the fault of the supervisors that upper management tasks with daily rotation, job rotation and productivity. The KWash (now Kalispell Laundry Services) is worse than the company that used to serve the Casino Hotel which was fired and provided the financial catalyst to do hotel's laundry "in-house". God help the employees and clients (several local hospitals), when full truth and accountability occurs,

Advice to Management

Verify employee applications, train supervisors and managers (other than annual trips to USK to show how wonderfully the tribe is spending the white man's grant money) . Hire outside head hunters and actually listen to the complaints and address them with other than empty promises and smoke!