Northland Investment Corporation - They were a great company to work for until the last 2 years. A lot of politics to deal with and cut-throat mindset. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northland Investment Corporation

"They were a great company to work for until the last 2 years. A lot of politics to deal with and cut-throat mindset."

Current Employee - Property
Current Employee - Property

I have been working at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of autonomy to perform your job well. One of the key players at the corporate office was very progressive and sincerely helped you to achieve goals.

Cons

The politics and games at the corporate office are intense. If you are not liked you won't work for them for long no matter how great you perform.

Advice to Management

People are human and make mistakes. Let their history and performance speak before taking improper corrective action.

Other Employee Reviews for Northland Investment Corporation

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Northland Investment Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are clear goals and rules in place and there is definitely room to grow if you work hard. They offer 401k matching and holiday bonuses.

Cons

They could add a little more money for updates in the apartments. It's hard to sell an outdated product for new product prices.

"The Real Northland"

Pros

Having worked for Northland for over 5 years, I can honestly say my experience has been nothing less than exceptional. Northland is a company that looks to develop their people and pull from the talents of their employees to establish them in all areas of the business. I personally and know of several employees who’ve been offered growth opportunities within the company, which speaks volumes of what the company thinks of its people.
    Every year that I’ve worked for the company I can honestly say Northland has strived to do better and be better for its employees. I mean, Northland is the type of company where, the COO and HR Director, will spend a day at your site to really get a handle on your day to day (because they sincerely care). Where, the Vice President of Multifamily makes it her business to ensure all your community’s wants and needs are met. Where, the Regional Managers; work aimlessly to support their teams, develop their communities and encourage their employees. Where, On-Site Staff (both leasing and maintenance) work to support one another in times of need.
    Overall, if you’re looking to work for a company where you would be supported from upper management (I mean working with genuine people who support you and don’t get bogged down by titles), where your voice would be heard, where management stresses the importance of a happy life/work balance, where growth opportunities are available, than honestly Northland Investment Corporation IS the company for you!

Cons

Sorry, don't have anything! Really love my experience working here!

Advice to Management

Continue to work toward making Northland an amazing company. i.e. Keep up the great work! (All Corporate Departments and All On-Site Communities)

Northland Investment Corporation Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. We are happy to hear that you see progress being made from all levels of the organization. We will keep striving to improve communication... More