Northrop Grumman - Hello | Glassdoor

"Hello"

Current Employee - Engineer V in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Engineer V in El Segundo, CA

Pros

The co-workers are awesome, and sometimes I am allowed to Telecommmute! I love that the Concur Expense Reports are paid within 2 days!!!

Cons

Cross training. I wish the Expense Reports did not need every little, tiny detail explained!!! My cubicle sucks, and I wish I could increase the tele-commuting days!

Advice to Management

Please fix transferring within the company!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "Listen to the little guys."

Current Employee - Designer II in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Designer II in Newport News, VA

Pros

I work with a professionals that are good at their jobs and are willing to help you if you get stuck on a problem. The immediate supervisors understand what we do and why we do it. We are encouraged to seek out and make improvements in processes and procedures. Overall, it is a good place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the politics of such a big company can keep some of the better improvements from being implemented and the tools they give us are not as good as they say they are. Also, salaries have not quite kept up with the cost of living in our area.

Advice to Management

Listen to the lower tiers of your employees and maybe spend a little more helping them than just trying to get a better bottom line for the company. Having good stock returns doesn't help feed me to day.

"Job security is number one"

Current Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Opportunites are improving as growth continues. Fair selection process. Normal working hours. Job security is goods. Defense industry budgets are high at this time. NG is becoming a very modern company to work for as they unify all divisions. Work life balance is excellent. Communication is improving all the time. Facilites are being upgraded at the Sunnyvale site including a fitmess center a new cafeteria.

Cons

No chance for a non director to reap in the benefits of a profitable year. Benefits are descreasing each year. Pension is not as good as it once was. Health premiums are going up every year.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth