Northrop Grumman - What do we do here? | Glassdoor

"What do we do here?"

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can work on very interesting projects and make a good salary working for Northrop Grumman. The managers seem to do a good job finding work for their employees. The benefits are very good.

Cons

I worked for Northrop for 5 or 6 years and I could never get a definitive answer from anyone who worked there what the purpose of the work we did was. The work I did for Northrop seemed very meaningless. That isn't to say that is the case at all positions in the company, though.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Good company, not the best business unit"

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great benefits, good pay, decent amount of training, reinvestment in company and programs, stock options.

Cons

Cubical farm, overworked employees, no work/life balance for managers, its all about the bottom line, lack of leadership, too much NG-related paperwork/processes that get in the way.

Advice to Management

Stop with all the internal NG-related processes already! Its killing YOUR bottom line and does nothing to ensure programs stay afloat. Run some programs like products if you are trying to sell tangible products. Managers need to show more leadership instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off!

2. "A fabulous place to grow and contribute"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In addition to working within a culture which promotes high performance and quality, everyone is always working with the customer in mind. My co-workers are all extremely intelligent and I'm constantly amazed with how much I can learn from each of them.

Cons

Like many large companies, it can sometimes take an extended amount of time to get equipment (laptops) and software and IT support can be a nightmare.