Northrop Grumman - Screw UP and MOVE UP! | Glassdoor

"Screw UP and MOVE UP!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex time; benefits, even if we keep paying more for them each year; end of year shutdown, the employees (non-management).

Cons

Too many layers of management, the majority of whom are unethical, unknowledgable, and unfair. Most get promoted into management because they are friends of another manager, and most failed at their jobs, hence the NGC motto of SCREW UP AND MOVE UP! Discrimination runs rampant . Raises and bonuses are abysmal, unless you are in management or favored by a manager. HR is only there to cover up management's many screw ups. The annual review process is a joke! Very little job satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Step down, we don't need layers on layers of managment. If NGC really wants to increase shareholder value - lose at least 2 layers of management - they are redundant. We have VP's and directors for everything, in addition to 3-4 layers of management. Instead of laying-off employees to increase profit, chop management in 1/2 and use their HUGE annual bonuses/salaries to increase profit. Also, contract out HR so they are not in management's back pocket...HR does not help the employees at all.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"If you're in, you're golden. If not.........."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong company financially, good benefits

Cons

Lots of long term cowardly employees who will do anything to protect each other and railroad you out if you don't play their game. The company is too big to function with any common sense. Everything is done in the most ridiculous and counter-intuitive manner possible. People above you are not sharp, it's just that they have managed not to screw up in any meaningful way for several years.

Advice to Management

Be fair with people. don't value people who make you FEEL good over people who are actually good.

2. "Software Engineer 4"

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Andover, MA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NGC is great company to work for and offers wide verity of opportunities. I have been working for this company for 13 years and it offers great salary and benefits.

Cons

As this a large company sometimes I felt a bit lost. If you willing to be proactive you can really learn a lot with all the available tools.

Advice to Management

Work closely with employees, they are willing to work hard if you look out for them, their future and advancements.