Northrop Grumman - NGIT | Glassdoor

"NGIT"

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very professional staff and colleagues who were a pleasure to work with on numerous projects. Outstanding benefit package with excellent training and educational offerings.

Cons

Company is divided into many different divisions with each one having a completely different way of doing business. There is a lot of competition going on throughout the who federal contracting industry and this has forced almost every contractor to scale back on their pay and benefits

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "Northrop Grumman is a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Network Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of training. Travel if you need it. Generous benefit package. Excellent set of colleagues.

Cons

Government contractor subject to an extra layer of government controls and red tape.

Advice to Management

You don't always have to sell the gold plated custom Cadillac. Sometimes the customer wants a Chevy S10. You have to resist government tendency to keep changing the scope of projects under construction. While you will make more money on change orders, in the long run endemic cost overruns destroy political support for funding the programs.

"Tough place to be successful"

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big, stable company. The checks don't bounce. Decent benefits, though in Jul;y 2012 they drastically increased the cost to employees for health insurance. This COULD BE a great place to work.

Cons

All internal processes must comply with federal gov't standards and requirements, regardless of whether or not you are working on a fed project. As a result, working at NG is just like working at the DOD or any federal agency. Red tape, bureaucratic infighting and ridiculously complex and convoluted internal processes stifle the ability to get things done in a timely fashion. The customer is almost an afterthought to NG. Since I've been here, we've lost more deals due to our own internal incompetence and inability to deliver a timely proposal response than we have lost to genuine competition.