Northrop Grumman - Amazing Company all depends on who you get for a supervisor! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Amazing Company all depends on who you get for a supervisor!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company to work for, intensely interesting work. You will be working with the top people in their field.

Cons

Once in a lifetime you get your dream job but the worst supervisor, this was one on those times! This can be a GOB old school environment.

Advice to Management

Narcissistic personalities in employees that supervise others get in the way of productive work, these types of personalities should not be supervising or managing others, they are very difficult or impossible to control. It resulted in my quitting this position, first time in a long career to quit!

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Underwhelmed - don't stay here long, just get some experience and leave"

Current Employee - Engineer in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly hardworking coworkers focused on the deliverables we've committed to. There's a strong sense of purpose to completing team goals.

Cons

Terrible focus on employee growth except for interns and short skirts. Northrop's annual salary pools are worse than their competitor's and don't inspire anyone to excel. There benefits are becoming less competitive every year. They really don't plan to keep anyone longer than a few years since they only pay new employees well to get them to join.

Advice to Management

You conduct an annual employee survey, and then ignore the negative answers. If you focus on improving your survey results through actual change, you'd be unstoppable. Alas, we all know the survey is just Fortune 500 window dressing. I bet the executives get a giant bonus even when the results don't improve.

2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to move up quickly or across multiple programs because the company likes to use its resources to their full potential.

Cons

The only cons that I have seen is the difficulty cutting through the bureaucracy that can short circuit a project as it is getting off the ground.