Northrop Grumman - Opportunity to learn and grow while working with some of the best professional experience in the world | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Opportunity to learn and grow while working with some of the best professional experience in the world"

Former Employee - Team Lead/Lead Mechanic in Fort Irwin, CA
Former Employee - Team Lead/Lead Mechanic in Fort Irwin, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work models, pay, benefits, time off, regular opportunities to advance, opportunities to transfer to other work sites or cross-train into another field, full open-door policy all the way up to the top.

Cons

Little supervision on some sites, union biases from supervisors at times, difficult work conditions (rain or shine the work gets done), and often the work is done outdoors regardless of the climate conditions (cold, hot, wind, sand, and humidity- doesn’t matter), pay generally compensates for difficulty, though the “military mentality” is the general culture where some may find this kind of environment difficult to work in.

Advice to Management

Opportunity to advance is available to everyone including company provided training/cross-training to other fields, college reimbursement, easy transfer to other locations or work sites through an open-bid process (state-side, around the world, or the shop next door). One-on-one professional counseling from Human Resources, management, and training specialists to aid in promotions.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Electrical Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment and some of the best people to work with

Cons

Extremely Low wages for Engineers, they pay about 20% below the market value and only give 1-2% raises from year to year. I know an engineer who has been working here for 6 years and is still in the 50s in salary

Advice to Management

Pay market value to employes

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can get off for family affairs if and when you need to....
    You get to work as many hours over 40 as you would like with no extra pay, no problem!!
    You get to use spreadsheets like toilet paper. You get real good at those.

Cons

If I had another job I would not continue to keep this one as the economy is still not good as we all are aware. This company talks out of both sides of their mouth at best. They only promote the same small circle of people around in circles, make up new job names and move them around. If you don't have a brown nose you will go no where regardless of your skill or experience level. They break ever rule in the book when it comes to employment law. Salary or exempt they work you what ever way suits the purpose. I have not seen my manager in 6 weeks which is normal. He hardly ever calls you much less supports you if you have an issue. If you report a problem about the atmosphere or work habits then you are not a team player. The raises are less than 1% a year for the last several years no matter what your evals says even good evals get hardly anything. They think 60 hours a week is 40 for some reason. Am I just being bitter no this is the opinion of many of my co-workers except many never heard of glass door to post their opinions. They could really be a stellar organization if they would open their ears and eyes. They have a yearly gallop survey that reports the same bad news every year but does nothing to improve the situation. We then have big meetings saying how good we are doing and the stock is great but the money never sifts down to the worker bees. If you are young and impressed by the name come on aboard. if you want a real career that means something and a company that values your opinion then don't waste your time here. You will be disappointed but in Richmond VA they have the run of the town and the only other major player is capital one where they lay you off after 23 months and 29 days. Here we sit come on aboard if you wanna!!

Advice to Management

Stop wasting time with the stupid gallop poles and all those stupid engagement summits. They are pointless as everyone is scared to speak up because they fear being fired if they do.