Northrop Grumman - Good, Interesting work | Glassdoor

"Good, Interesting work"

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Director, Business Development in McLean, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company -- many opportunities exist to make lateral transitions and expand your career

Cons

The company is large enough that it has to manage by the numbers -- it can't take care of individual employees like it did in the past. Your career development is 100% on your shoulders and your continued employment is 100% on the company's shoulders. In all fairness, I was layed off by this company and it was a total surprise to me at the time which clouds my review.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management, it's a pretty good leadership team. My advice is to employees: don't think you're indespensible (even if you are), and have 6 months salary saved up -- 3 months is not enough in the current environment

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "Supported the AEHF 4 and 5/6 Production Programs for the project control of a major component. Responsible for the init"

Current Employee - Program Cost Schedule and Control Analyst IV in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is reowned for developing quality products for the US military. It is a solid company with great benefits and many growth opportunities.

Cons

When the defense budget is cut, there is a "domino effect" on government contractors. That is the downside of this business.

Advice to Management

I enjoy a management style that allows their employees to be creative, innovative, and that allows for team playing.

"Amazing Company all depends on who you get for a supervisor!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company to work for, intensely interesting work. You will be working with the top people in their field.

Cons

Once in a lifetime you get your dream job but the worst supervisor, this was one on those times! This can be a GOB old school environment.

Advice to Management

Narcissistic personalities in employees that supervise others get in the way of productive work, these types of personalities should not be supervising or managing others, they are very difficult or impossible to control. It resulted in my quitting this position, first time in a long career to quit!