Northrop Grumman - Work Hard, but in the end, just a number | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Work Hard, but in the end, just a number"

Former Employee - Manager III, Manufacturing in Woodland Hills, CA
Former Employee - Manager III, Manufacturing in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of challenges at the Woodland Hills site with lots of opportunity to shine.
The products they build are very strong and have a lot of heritage.

Cons

As with most manufacturing, work is leaving California, so be prepared to move or get laid off.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest and communicate often to keep the work force from being stressed while working hard.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "Good, if you have a clearance"

Former Employee - Cyber Software Engineer I in Millersville, MD
    Former Employee - Cyber Software Engineer I in Millersville, MD

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The goods are pay, benefits, resources and location

Cons

Too much bureaucracy. You'll get manager you never even meet because they are at a differrent location, too much indecision and little instruction what your clients needs are.

Advice to Management

Better project descriptions

"NG TS sector"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits- it was the main reason for taking the job. It was a great starting group- too bad they all figured out well before I did that it was a dead end job and jumped ship.

Cons

as a contractor you are treated like a second class pos. Management is part time and could care less about the team. Management cares more about their reviews and moving up or on to other sectors. Turnover is very high in TS- nobody wants to stick around when everything is outsourced and the morale is extremely low. Don't expect to be paid well "lean and mean" means they won't spend a dime to fix morale or anything else. Bonus? what's that? never had one- and pay raises based on fabricated reviews are not even enough to cover a cost of living increase per year. No career advancement, no reason to stick around, and nobody cares until your performance review shows they are not making enough money off of you from their ticket system.
    Run away- you will be lied to and nothing is worth the soul sucking hell that this job is. I took this job for the supposed career advancement- after 5 years there is nothing redeeming about it. There is no advancement in TS- I have all the certifications in the world- and will never be promoted.The only reason I'm still there is the tuition reimbursement- which is also a bureaucratic bunch of hoops to jump through via a third party that may eventually pay you back a partially for the money you put out.
    The only thing NG has done for our group is surveys and talk of "making it better"

Advice to Management

actually be involved with the people making you the money instead of only caring when the productivity due to terrible morale becomes an issue.