Northrop Grumman - Great atmosphere, management, and team environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Great atmosphere, management, and team environment"

Current Employee - Logistics Planner in Palmdale, CA
Current Employee - Logistics Planner in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management, room for growth!!

Cons

Not sure yet. I have been with the company for three years now... I have yet to find something worth complaining about.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Great place to start a career if you luck out with the right project, team, and manager"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

0) Work-Life Balance, 9/80 Schedule
    1) You get to do a little bit of everything: Design, Code, Test, etc.
    2) You can work on different projects to get experience in other areas like Hardware or VLSI
    3) You get time to learn and even though there are deadlines the environment isn't stressful
    4) Good benefits like Education assistance
    5) Monetary rewards (TAP rewards) & recognition (Everyday Heroics) for doing a good job

Cons

0) Some of the tools are outdated and frustrating to use
    1) I wish the pay was higher, at least a $10k - $12k bump where level 1s start at $75k
    2) Some new employees don't get interesting things to do and aren't challenged enough

Advice to Management

I like my managers, I don't have anything to say other than keep up the good work.

"A great place to learn and grow - seriously"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Perhaps not as well know about Northrop Grumman is the immense training opportunities. Having had a Master's degree paid for in full, I can attest to value of the education reimbursement benefit alone. Further than that, however, there are online training resources from multiple providers which is great for collecting continuing education requirements needed to keep certifications active. Some of the System Administration/Cyber folks really like the automated record-keeping for turning in their credits.

Northrop Grumman also has developed many great internal training programs which have *always* been fantastic. Particularly good courses have been Earned Value for Large Programs, Six Sigma Black Belt, PM1, and all of the Capture and Proposal courses. Some of these programs are notoriously intensive - as in find a local hotel and prepare to work late. In addition to these internal training offerings, there are internal Communities of Practice (CoP) which have events as large as some international organizations. For example, there is the System Engineering community which has a large convention at the Los Angelos space campus. There is also a very thriving Agile CoP which has had industry leaders (like current Agile authors and even the lead from Caterpillar Tractors).

Cons

The slight ding on the Job Security score is do simply to the nature of the defense industry. The market will force management to make cuts at the expense of employees - fee is sacrosanct.