Northrop Grumman - My work was challanging and rewarding working for Northrop Grumman | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"My work was challanging and rewarding working for Northrop Grumman"

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time

Pros

I was able to learned the latest technology in my field of work.

Cons

Working with very bright co-workers it was a challenge to get promotions.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for management.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"NGC going down hill"

Current Employee - Shystems Engineer IV in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Shystems Engineer IV in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex schedule. Many intresting programs.

Cons

To many deadwood workers who do next to noughting. Top heavy middle management.The benefits and raises have declined over the last 7 year and will continue to do so.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the deadwood and thin out middle management.

2. "Interesting work, great engineers, but it's a large corporation"

Former Employee - Electronics Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Electronics Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very dedicated engineering and technical staff. Many of the technologies are interesting, and there are opportunities to do good engineering work to make improvements to the programs. Most front line managers truly care for their employees, with flexible work hours, time off for family etc. Salaries are good, benefits are ok, though slowly eroding.

Cons

Upper management is completely beholden to the bottom line. The corporation wants to pay stock dividends each quarter, and upper management will do anything they can to make that happen. From a career advancement standpoint, it can be very difficult to advance in some areas of the company. This can be very frustration, especially when you see other equally (or lesser) qualified people one or two rungs up from you. Many managers are reluctant to promote qualified people. From an engineering standpoint, it can be very difficult to advance new ideas that aren't directly tied to a current program and provide cost savings. Internal R+D is usually alotted to a chosen few. In the end, it can be hard to break through professionally.

Advice to Management

Promotions and performance reviews should at least be consistent within a department and a group. Push engagement, especially from mid level managers. They should be getting more interaction with the engineers. Provide lots of opportunities for professional development.