Northrop Grumman - If you can, work somewhere else! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"If you can, work somewhere else!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Pros

There are usually a lot of positions at NGIT, with 99% of them working for the Air Force. There were a lot of fine people working there; made some lasting relationships.

Cons

The benefits absolutely suck. First of all, they take quite a bit out of your paycheck every month. Secondly, the coverage is not that great. They will only pay up to 90% of prescription medications, which is fine when the medication cost $50.00. What about when the medication cost thousands of dollars.

Management usually consist of former Air Force officers that retire and then "cross the fence". Therefore, there's quite a bit of a "good ole boy" system with regards to advancement and opportunity.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't have the faintest idea.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"50 % satisfaction rate can easily be improved."

Current Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Memphis, TN

Pros

My direct supervisor is a true PEOPLE manager, Time on job is one major reason for continuing to work here. Location is close to my personal life. I love the WORK. I do learn new things.

Cons

Any extra effort or passion for the job is not rewarded.We are paid on a job definition rather than what we actually do. My actual work differs greatly from what my job "Title" states I do. We do not get raises. we as a group had gone 4 years without even a cost of living increase. We are on a "special" NG contract and do not get the benefites that all other NG employees get.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are NOT replaceable, like they are needed. Half of why we work is money the other half is pride/satisfaction. both are equally important and NG is missing half.

"View as a temporary rung on your career ladder while adding skills to your CV"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are several interesting projects to work on, and you get the chance to have a say in which area you work in
    There's chance to increase your skills in a variety of areas
    There's good people there who you can learn a lot from

Cons

No loyalty - if you don't get through the filter process, a clause in your contract allows them to let you go - several people suddenly disappeared while I was there
    No business creativity/diversification from the top - solely focused on a "More bodies sent to their sole customer equals more money" formula
    Laughable 1% annual pay rises - a very few get one or two more percentage points - you need to be a *very* squeaky wheel (ie. threaten to leave) to get anything decent

Advice to Management

Stop:
    Firing good people - big morale eroder - Raytheon do perfectly well without doing this
    Leaving ideas to rot - ideas and talent together is gold dust, don't fritter them away
    Wasting opportunities - relying on a single customer is a pretty fragile business model
    Mind-numbing bureaucracy - OneView is a huge time and money sink - a booking code for 15 minutes is ridiculous

Start:
    Moving into commercial - is NGUK a long-term business or a get-rich-quick-scheme?
    Giving PMs people not budgets