Northrop Grumman - If you can, work somewhere else! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"If you can, work somewhere else!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Pros

There are usually a lot of positions at NGIT, with 99% of them working for the Air Force. There were a lot of fine people working there; made some lasting relationships.

Cons

The benefits absolutely suck. First of all, they take quite a bit out of your paycheck every month. Secondly, the coverage is not that great. They will only pay up to 90% of prescription medications, which is fine when the medication cost $50.00. What about when the medication cost thousands of dollars.

Management usually consist of former Air Force officers that retire and then "cross the fence". Therefore, there's quite a bit of a "good ole boy" system with regards to advancement and opportunity.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't have the faintest idea.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"50 % satisfaction rate can easily be improved."

Current Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Engineering Tech IV in Memphis, TN

Pros

My direct supervisor is a true PEOPLE manager, Time on job is one major reason for continuing to work here. Location is close to my personal life. I love the WORK. I do learn new things.

Cons

Any extra effort or passion for the job is not rewarded.We are paid on a job definition rather than what we actually do. My actual work differs greatly from what my job "Title" states I do. We do not get raises. we as a group had gone 4 years without even a cost of living increase. We are on a "special" NG contract and do not get the benefites that all other NG employees get.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are NOT replaceable, like they are needed. Half of why we work is money the other half is pride/satisfaction. both are equally important and NG is missing half.

2. "Solid parent company"

Current Intern - Electronics Engineer in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Current Intern - Electronics Engineer in Peterborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Not much of a blame culture here- which means everyone can collaborate in the engineering process smoothly.

Cons

Non-technical areas of the business needs more understanding of what is possible to engineer in considering time, scope and resource constraints.