Northrop Grumman - good entry level position with a solid company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"good entry level position with a solid company"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Madison, AL
Current Employee - Material Handler in Madison, AL

Pros

Great people to work with and work seems to keep coming in even through tough times. you are well taken care of from a human resources perspective

Cons

seems some promotions are given based on popularity instead of competence. salary is low for the industry

Advice to Management

Pay the people what they deserve and they will perform better for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "It's okay....not long term"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Chantilly, VA

Pros

I worked at Northrop Grumman as a defense contractor while I was pursuing my masters degree. It fit my life balance requirements at the time because it wasn't very challenging and I could have some flexibility around my hours.

Cons

There was really no chance for advancement unless you grew business. Also, because I was out at a customer site....virtually no management had visibility into my successes aside from my direct manager who wasn't that great.

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be improved especially when you have such a large amount of people out in the field. In addition, career development for employees needs improvement as well.

"Great opportunities Northrop Grumman."

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Palmdale, CA

Pros

Northrop Grumman offers employees many career advancement opportunities, challenging and interactive work environment, as well as a great benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, 401K, and education reimbursement). NG is also socially responsible with involvement in the communities it operates in and supports many various charitable organizations.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience at Northrop Grumman.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed working at Northrop Grumman, I have learned a great deal and been challenged to stretch my skills. The mentorship I have received has been vital to my success within the company.