Northrop Grumman - Good. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Good."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work. Some challenging issues. Some non-government related work that is of greater interest than the old systems sponsored through the military.

Cons

Benefits diminishing by the day. Pension plan has been cancelled. Harder and harder to make a livable wage as pay increases are almost non existent, and taxes, fee's, and state and federal issues far exceed any monetary gain made (especially for the area in which we work, i.e. Redondo Beach, CA - wish they'd relocate to Texas). Can't really get ahead anymore. Salaried employee's tend to be worked to death without any additional monetary compensation. These are not really complaints as it is the same everywhere in the bigger aerospace companies (I've worked for them all at some time or another throughout my career).

Advice to Management

The pension plan should never have been terminated.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Hired as technical editor for expected increase in proposals"

Former Employee - Technical Editor in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Editor in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with seasoned professionals in developing automation of medical records for DoD and VA, while seeing government's commitment to projects begin to fade

Cons

Trying to maintain an active work schedule in the face of declining numbers of proposal opportunities by taking on proposal-related work for other projects.

Advice to Management

Analyze proposal opportunities against published budgets

"Dependable and laid-back, but not exciting for young hires"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since it's a large reputable company, you never have to worry about job security. Work-life balance is also great, as I work regular 40 hour weeks, no more and no less. Compensation is on par with other technology companies in the same class, so very average. There isn't really anything special about Northrop.

Cons

I'm a young professional recently removed from college, so the biggest con is the company culture. The average employee age is probably the same as my parents, and the culture is old-fashioned. Don't expect employee events like Tequila Fridays or any other exciting company-sponsored things.