Northrop Grumman - Great place if you like the big company feel. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Great place if you like the big company feel."

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Annapolis, MD
Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Annapolis, MD

Pros

There are definitely a large array of directions you can take to advance your career. The capital of such a large company makes it very easy to ask for things and get them, speaking in terms of equipment and supplies anyways. The online learning deal they have it pretty awesome too. You can, in your spare time, become certified or licensed in a variety of skills that will prove valuable on your way to the top of the corporate ladder. Personally, I could have learned JAVA and similar programming things if I wanted to, and once I passed all of the testing you could get a certificate saying you did it!

Cons

It's a big company, so response time is slow. There are too many hoops to jump through in order to get anything done. The cost to the customer is far too high, but that is to satisfy the overhead costs of such a large corporate structure. Being in such a large community, it's even harder to become recognized, which also sucks.

Advice to Management

In general, the management was great at my local level. They were typically very responsive and helpful. My one gripe would deal with the recruitment service. I interned for 2 years and got a verbal offer during the christmas of my senior year in college. That verbal offer was nice, but it was no solid guarantee when or where I would be placed. When the summer came around, after about 6 months of talking back and forth, I still had no written offer, so I had to accept employment elsewhere. About 3 weeks into my job, I was sent an offer and obviously declined it. I was told that it was unprofessional of me to keep an employer on the leash for so long and then leave them hanging, even though that is exactly what they did to me.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Development Analyst V in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Software Development Analyst V in Washington, DC

Pros

Top 6 IT Consulting company in US by Gertner

Cons

Not much information Sharing and Practice development

Advice to Management

Need to get more focus on streamlining IS sector with more service offerings to commercial sector

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Intern in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Intern in Newport News, VA

Pros

As an engineer, Northrop Grumman has a very long list of career opportunities. They are one of the top Defense companies in the world. If you are interested at all in engineering / sciences, they offer some job that you will find exhilarating and stability that is hard to find in other industries.

Cons

The one downside they do have (and this may not be the opinion of everyone) is that they are such a large company that communication across all levels is not as easy as it would be in a smaller company.

Advice to Management

My experience with the leadership has been great so far. Managers are friendly, open to opinions, and take time to tend to the well-being of their employees.