Northrop Grumman - I like NG | Glassdoor

"I like NG"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Monterey, CA
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Monterey, CA

Pros

good advancement opportunities and everyone is very helpful.

Cons

I work on an off-site location and there are not a lot of daily perks. We work this client and have to follow their rules. BUt that is about it. I like my job and managers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe give a little more pay to the people who make the contract go.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. ""B" - good potential, needs improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

NGES tries to build a team towards long-term objectives, versus the typical short-term hire-for-the-current-contract-at-hand narrowsightedness of most defense contractors

Cons

It's a company of engineers for engineers... Most others are 2nd class employees unless you're related to people in high places or connected to the Old Boy Network of Westinghouse alumni... A mere cog in a giant machine...

Advice to Management

Sincere thanks for the efforts to balance work/life... Growth and opportunity should not be determined by luck and who you know... The middle and senior managers who ride us like rented mules to get their quarterly bonuses forget that we work for MONEY too. The growing disparity between the way workers' increasingly poorer families live and their's should be an embarrassment.

2. "Overall a good place to work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Northrop Grumman Integrated Systems is a good place to work because the company treats you like a family member rather than an "employee". Management understands when you have important things that you need to do outside of work and they work with you on a solution that benefits everyone. There are regular performance reviews that help you to know what areas you can improve in as well as the areas you are doing well in. The expectations of employees are realistic because most of the time management has been in your position and done your job. Overall it is a good place to work.

Cons

Northrop Grumman is a very large corporation so it takes a long time to get simple tasks done because of all the people things have to go through to get approved. There is also a lot of competition for every promotion and every job and it's easy to get overlooked because of how many employees the company has. In order to get the promotion you want it is many times necessary to move somewhere very undesirable like the middle of the desert because of the nature of the business Northrop Grumman does. In summary, the size of the company makes things more difficult than they need to do.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth.