KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 25, 2022 - Principal Cyber Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Higher than average salaries. Great benefits.

Cons

Tight deadlines sometimes. Work pace tight to government schedule.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

An exceptional place to grow

Jul 4, 2022 - Electrical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely positive work environment. Management is extremely helpful while staying mostly hands-off after initial training. The exceptional body of talent across many different disciplines and variety of programs lend to going home each day smarter than when you showed up. Lots of opportunities to expand your skillset, and coworkers who will make you feel truly appreciated.

Cons

Despite advertising competitive compensation, pay bands are antiquated (at least as of Jul'22). Hopefully HR catches up with the times.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Narcissistic Managers in Plymouth Minnesota

Jun 24, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pro is that you might get hired because there is a revolving door. If you get a job offer somewhere else take it. But if you have to pay your bills and NG in Plymouth MN is the only one hiring and you get a job offer then I guess that is a pro. Keep looking. The most admired managers in Plymouth are the ones who are controlling and show narcissistic behaviours and the company backs them up, people are afraid to speak out and it can get toxic.

Cons

Managers in Plymouth MN have the wrong personality type, tend to be control freaks, narcissistic, and some think that they are running the company, act like you are working for them and not for Northrop Grumman, they are obsessed with Minnesota and don't have a wider world view. Managers don't serve they want to be served and bowed down to, big egos, confused, poor leaders, brag about their personal accomplishments, they use the word "I" and not we and us. " This is my vision", "This is what I want" This is what I am doing". Not inclusive, they talk about diversity and inclusion but don't know what it means they just can't get beyond their own personal gains to understand it.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Northrop Grumman.

Northrop Grumman Photos

+ Add Photo
Northrop Grumman photo of: Northrop Grumman employees working together in clean room
Northrop Grumman photo of: Northrop Grumman employee in front of B-2