Cover image for Northrop Grumman

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Summer Opportunity for Undergraduate Engineering Majors

Sep 30, 2022 - Summer Intern in Redondo Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My assignment manager during my placement was phenomenal. He was helpful and available. Having both a direct assignment manager and an employee "buddy" was helpful, as I had multiple points of contact within my program and for the specific project I was working on. Also, the intern events and program activities were great. There were many lunch & learn opportunities to learn about different programs and opportunities within the organization, as well as various social events to meet other interns. There were also numerous opportunities to interface with senior management, which was very exciting as an intern.

Cons

The intern program was quite large and spread throughout many programs and functions at the specific location that I was at. Some interns had less positive experiences than mine while they supported different projects and programs.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Systems Intern

Nov 3, 2022 - System Engineering Intern in Roy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work life balance is a nice aspect of working here, as well as the culture.

Cons

Sometimes things move a bit slow, but that’s just due to the general nature of DoD.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Pay, Difficult Work Culture

Nov 23, 2022 - Material Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

High Salary, Interesting work, Fast Pace Environment Promotion potential Hard Workers in Some Areas

Cons

Work/Life balance is very poor, having PTO is a sick joke and you will often be asked to work through it or cancel it for upcoming projects Culture is the biggest con. This is a very engineering oriented culture and leadership is entirely made up of older generation white men. Screaming, cursing, and personal verbal attacks are the norm in business discourse. You can expect to hear a decent amount of sexism and racism and a bunch of homophobia too. You just have to learn to take it on the chin largely. There are good people working on changing this but the controlling groups are still very unchanged.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Northrop Grumman.

Northrop Grumman Careers

Cover image for Northrop Grumman

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to...More

• Values
  • Benefits
  • Work/Life Initiatives
  • Career Areas

Northrop Grumman Photos

+ Add Photo
Northrop Grumman photo of: Northrop Grumman employees working together in clean room
Northrop Grumman photo of: Northrop Grumman employee in front of B-2