Northrop Grumman - Challenging career with ever changing dynamics. Work with minimal supervision, and I'm provided good skills training. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Challenging career with ever changing dynamics. Work with minimal supervision, and I'm provided good skills training."

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Elkridge, MD
Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Elkridge, MD

Pros

The work we do is very important, and rewarding. Very good support team at our HQ's. As long as you do your job, you are not likely to have any problems with upper management. You are self supervised for the most part, but if there is a problem your level of work or work ethic you will no about it right away. NGC takes customer service and satisfaction very seriously. A lot of good perks and fringes come with the job. Very seldom work weekends. Pay is above average, and there is a fair work and life balance.

Cons

Occasionally travel can be overwhelming, but again the pay, benefits, and perks keep complaints well muted. Tuition reimbursement is a company benefit, but it's not heavily promoted by management in some sectors, because (in my opinion) they fear it may affect job focus and performance; which will ultimately affect customer service and satisfaction..

Advice to Management

Realize that perfection is elusive, and nearly impossible in a less than perfect world. Stop allowing our customers to pressure us into performing extra duties that are not contractual but verbal at best; and yield little to no return on investment. Otherwise keep up the good work, because I have to admit that you all very creative at keeping me and many others gainfully, and happily employed.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

1. "Equal to other Aerospace companies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

They always need people to make it look like they're doing great work.

Cons

Twenty layers of management. I have two managers, one that finds me work and gives me my raise, the other I actually work for. Do they actually talk about what I do for the company? No!

Advice to Management

Get rid of process and section managers; keep project managers and have them hand out the raises.

2. "Cushy job but limited growth"

Former Employee - Student Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Student Intern in San Diego, CA

Pros

the pay is pretty reasonable, management and other employees are generally pretty helpful. comfortable working environment, flexible hours and good benefits

Cons

sometimes feels like there are limited opportunities for advancement, office politics can sometimes play a part, not always a meritocracy

Advice to Management

provide more opportunities for advancement and incentives for increased productivity, cut down on some of the bureaucracy, promote programs for graduate study and advancement