Northrop Grumman - Great pay but communication could be better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Great pay but communication could be better"

Current Employee - Logistics in Tinker AFB, OK
Current Employee - Logistics in Tinker AFB, OK

Pros

You are compensated more than fairly.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between management and employees. When circumstances dictates meeting a time critical schedule the management doesn't fully explain why it's time critical and what the outcome would be if not met. Furthermore when an employee does go "beyond" the call yea there is a pat on the back but not in front of peers where it has some meaning. A manager will give praise in private and scorn in public. All management training I had tells me the opposite. Praise in public, scorn in private but since the money is good I will continue to work here as I really enjoy my standard of living.

Advice to Management

Come work with me for a day and see what I do for Northrop Grumman.

Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman

"Satellite office, good and bad."

Current Employee - Software Developer III in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer III in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I work in a small satellite office of less that 10 persons. This comes with some benefits:
    1) Hours are very flexible.
    2) Can telecommute if necessary.
    3) Very easy to get time off

Cons

Working in a small satellite office has some downsides.
    1) No/Very little HR support.
    2) No/Very little opportunity for advancement
    3) No/Very little contact with other projects/managers; therefore, very little lateral movement.

Northrop has a habit of hiring new/outside personnel to manage projects. So if you are in a small office with only one contract, the only way up is out.

Advice to Management

Stop by once in a while.

"It is a great place to start your career."

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Melbourne, FL

Pros

My direct technical supervisor never comes around and hassles me about what I'm doing or how I'm doing it. The other software engineers here are mostly competent in their line of work and don't mind helping each other solve difficult problems. The employee base is fairly older, though. This isn't really a huge problem, but some of the technical work models and ideas are a bit dated.

Cons

I question the ability of management to make practical and sound technical decisions. A lot of times it seems the best way to solve a problem is over looked for the most expedient.

Advice to Management

You desperately need to hold onto your young hires. They are leaving in droves for better opportunities else where.