Northwest Airlines - Good flying benefit! | Glassdoor

"Good flying benefit!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor
Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor

Pros

Great flying benefit!
Great people to work with!
Never boring working at the airport!
Work schedule is flexible as you can trade days off with others!

Cons

Working hours suck!
No advancement what so ever!
Union protection (I like the protection, but it just protect alot of lazy people and I ended up getting punished by doing their jobs too.

Advice to Management

Stop micro manage people who has been there hell a lot longer than you are. WE KNOW WHAT TO DO! Other than that, you guys did great!

Other Employee Reviews for Northwest Airlines

1. "Northwest Airlines needs to listen to it's employees or it won't be around for long."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

Pros

Good health benefits. Good time off. Good training. We are merging with Delta Airlines soon and will become the largest domestic carrier in the US and one of the largest international carriers. If you like to travel, as an employee you will have access to pass benefits to most areas of the world. In an extremely difficult business climate for small or flegling airlines, the new Delta will most probably survive. We have been receiving profit sharing and incentive bonuses frequently over the past year. For example, you might receive extra pay for just not calling in sick over the summer.

Cons

Currently under alot of pay cuts. All employees took major pay cuts recently due to the very difficult business climate our industry is currently experiencing. Even though we have a contract and a union, the company basically forced us to take very hefty pay cuts in order to save the airline from bankruptcy. The senior management took pay cuts too, but most employees believe that the very top management did not take enough of a pay cut. This is the typical resentment against today's ceo's. We are told that we have to pay them millions in order to get the best leaders.

Advice to Management

It's time for you to take a bigger paycut. Most of all I would say that it's time for you to listen to the rank and file employees re what they need to do a good job. Most of our employees are doing the work of three people. You can't operate indefinitely like that. They call meetings and pretend to listen to your concerns. The next day they tell you that your chance to complain is over and you need to do what they tell you or here's the door.

2. "This place makes me sick sometimes"

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

Pros

Free flights are the best thing here!

Cons

The brown nosers seem to have the best chance at slacking while you are grinding it out for the same pay.

Advice to Management

Be equal when treating employees. Favoritism is one thing but working us like dogs and then other like pampered queens is another.