Northwest College - Review | Glassdoor

"Review"

Former Employee - Financial Aid Counselor in Roseville, MN
Former Employee - Financial Aid Counselor in Roseville, MN

Pros

Autonomy, good location, on the surface friendly, middle of the road pay, a generally pleasant place to be and work.

Cons

A lot of good ol boys that have been there forever. The senior staff in the office projects an attitude that they really don't care about the student themselves, just getting the aid processed, and oftentimes the student themselves is a burden.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it is time to clean house. No one should do the same job day in and day out for 30 years, it can lead to resentment and a bad attitude. Professionally, we all need to grow and be challenged in new ways.
The financial aid office is a place where students come for help. Every single student that comes to the office should leave feeling that they issues and concerned are fairly considered and understood. The financial aid office should not be a place that students dread going.

Other Employee Reviews for Northwest College

1. "freelance writer/editor"

Former Employee - Writer/Editor in West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Writer/Editor in West Covina, CA

I worked at Northwest College (More than 3 years)

Pros

Northwest College is a family-owned and run company where both Mitchell, President, and Lisa, Vice-President and his wife, make every employee , staff member, and student feel like we are all part of their big, juicy, loving family. They are passionate and innovative with a huge, collective work ethic. I found my time with them to be busy, professional and very supportive. Anyone who walks along their path is fortunate because this is one college where the president and vice-president want - with every molecule in their bodies - for every single person who walks through those front doors to succeed. Their #1 goal is to transform their students, staff and employees into the greatest version of themselves.

Cons

I wish I were still working with them :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the faith in your college and its inhabitants, your passion is lighting up many, many hearts and minds.

2. "New @ North-West college"

Current Employee - Admissions in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Northwest College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

family environment treatment
    no Saturday work
    Amazing management
    great team to work with

Cons

no 401k
    no pay for two weeks for Christmas and new year vacation time
    not the greatest in benefits

Advice to Management

keep on doing what you do